White Chapel

White Community Memorial Chapel (Old Mormon Meetinghouse)

Oct 1, 2012   //   by BYU Journeys   //   Blog, Salt Lake City  //  No Comments

This beautiful chapel, now the White Community Memorial Chapel, is a reconstruction of a nineteenth-century Church meetinghouse. Its design is patterned after the original Eighteenth Ward chapel, originally built at Second Avenue and A Street and dedicated in 1883. Read more >>

Council Hall (front)

Council Hall

Sep 26, 2012   //   by BYU Journeys   //   Blog, Salt Lake City  //  No Comments

Council Hall was the first City Hall in Utah.

Read more >>
MA ent

Abravanel Concert Hall

Sep 24, 2012   //   by BYU Journeys   //   Blog  //  1 Comment

Abravanel hall (known prior to 1993 as symphony hall) is situated on property originally owned by President Wilford Woodruff. Read more >>

SP day

Salt Palace Convention Center

Sep 24, 2012   //   by BYU Journeys   //   Salt Lake City  //  No Comments

The property upon which the salt palace was built was donated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Read more >>

b building

Godbe Exchange Building

Sep 24, 2012   //   by BYU Journeys   //   Salt Lake City  //  No Comments

Godbe’s exchange building was located on the south east corner of First South and Main Streets. William S. Godbe (1833–1902) joined the Church as a youth in England Read more >>

Pages:1234567...14»